You never expect people to go out of their way for you, especially complete strangers you don't even know.
That exact thing happened to me today. I went into my local grocery store to purchase a few things. I only had a gift card with less than $15 on it to pay for my items. So I went through the store and picked up the few things I needed and when I was done, I proceeded to the nearest express checkout line.
As it turned out, my total had exceeded the amount on my gift card by about $6. Just when I was figuring out which items to take off of my bill, the cashier at the checkout told me not to worry about it as she pulled a $10 dollar bill out of her pocket and proceeded to pay the extra $6. I was so shocked. I asked her if she was sure and she said yes.
I was so touched by her gracious, unselfish act of kindness. I had never before experienced such a thing by a complete stranger. I couldn't thank her enough for what she did.
I left the store with the most wonderful feeling ever. I still can't believe it, 10 hours later.
That is something that is missing in today's society. Not the fact of paying for someone's bill when they can't afford it, but just the act of simple kindness.
If people went out of their way just a tiny bit for someone else, the world would be a much better place to live in. Even if it's just slowing down to let someone cross the street, or holding the door open for the person behind you. That tiny act of kindness and courtesy you show to another, can mean a world of difference to the person on the other end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So Very True!
ReplyDelete